CHOCOLATE CHIP-OATMEAL COOKIES
Category: Low-cal, Cookies, Desserts
1/2 c Lo cal margarine 1 ts Baking soda
1/2 c Unsweetened applesauce 1 ts Vanilla
1/2 c Packed dark brown sugar 2 1/4 c Flour
2 tb Thawed frozen apple juice 4 1/2 oz Quick oats
-concentrate 1/4 ts Salt
1/4 c Boiling water 2 oz Semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, with mixer on high, beat margarine, applesauce, brown
sugar and apple juice concentrate until light and fluffy (note mixture may
appear to be curdled).
3. In a small bowl, combine boiling water, baking soda, and vanilla and
beat into margarine mixture.
4. In large bowl, combine flour, oats, and salt. Gradually add to
margarine mixture, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto prepared baking sheet, making 48
cookies. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely on rack.
Each serving provides: 1 fat, 1 1/2 bread, 65 calories Per serving: 226
Source: Weight Watchers Magazine, June 1993
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: