POTATO CHEESE SOUP
4 tb Sweet butter 2 lg Potatoes, peeled & cubed
2 c Finely chopped yellow onions 1 c Chopped fresh dill
2 c Peeled and chopped carrots 2 c Grated cheddar cheese
6 Parsley sprigs Salt & pepper to taste
5 c Chicken stock
1. Melt butter in soup pot. Add onions and carrots and cook over low heat
covered until vegetables are tender and lightly colored about 25 minutes.
2. Add parsley, stock, and potatoes, and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover
and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 30 minutes.
3. Add dill, remove soup from heat, and let it stand covered for 5
4. Pour soup through a strainer and transfer the solids to the bowl of a
food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add 1 cup of the stock and
process until smooth.
5. Return pureed soup to the pot and add additional cooking liquid (about
3-4 cups) until the soup reaches the desired consistency.
6. Set over low heat, and add salt and pepper, and gradually stir in the
grated cheese. When all the chees is melted, serve immediately.
Garnish with croutons.
Source: The Silver Palate Cookbook
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: