RICOTTA-SOUR CREAM CHEESECAKE WITH STRAWBERRY
Category: Cakes, Desserts
3 c Part-skim ricotta cheese 2 ts Grated lemon peel
4 Eggs 1 1/2 c Strawberries
3/4 c Light sour cream 2 tb + 2 t. confectioners sugar
2 tb + 2 t. honey 1 md Kiwi fruit, pared and sliced
1 tb Fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray and 8" springform pan with non-stick cooking
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat ricotta cheese until
smooth; add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour
cream, honey, 2 tsps. of the lemon juice and the lemon peel; beat until
3. Pour mixture into prepared springform pan; set pan in 13x9 baking pan.
Pour hot water into the baking pan until it comes halfway up on the sides
of the springform pan. Bake 1 hour or until top feels firm to the touch.
Cool to room temperature.
4. Set aside 5 whole strawberries for garnish; slice the remaining berries.
In a blender combine the sliced strawberries, sugar and remaining 1 tsp
lemon juice; puree until smooth. Strain through cheesecloth into a small
5. Carefully remove sides of springform pan from cheesecake. Cut reserved
strawberries into halves. Garnish cheesecake with sliced kiwi fruit and
halved strawberries; serve with strawberry sauce.
Source: Weight Watchers Magazine Light and Easy New Family Classics 1993
Each serving provides: 1 1/2 proteins, 1/4 fruit, 60 optional calories Per
serving: 192 calories; 12 g protein, 9 g fat, 15 g carbohydrates, 241 mg
calcium, 133 mg sodium, 113 mg cholesterol, 1 g dietary fiber
Typed for you by: Linda Fields, Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY 315-786-1120
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: