EASY SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE
Category: Main dishes, Casseroles
1 1/2 c Ground chuck 1 ts Basil
1 lg Onion, chopped 1 ts Oregano
1 lg Green pepper, chopped 1 Bay leaf
1/2 lb Fresh mushrooms, sliced 3/4 ts Salt
2 cl Garlic, minced 1/4 ts Pepper
1 cn 35 oz Italian peeled tomatos 1 lb Spaghetti,linguine, or
-coarsely chopped and juice -fettucine
-reserved 2 c Shredded cheddar cheese
1 cn 12 oz tomato sauce 1 c Bread crumbs
1. In a 5-6 qt. dutch oven, cook the ground chuck, onion, peppers,
mushrooms, and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring often to break up
lumps of meat, until beef loses its pink color (about 8 min.)
2. Add tomatoes with their juice, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, bay leaf
and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer,
stirring often, until slightly thickened about 20 min.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot of lightly salted water, cook spaghetti until
just tender, about 9 minutes. Drain well.
4. Preheat oven to 350F. Add spaghetti, and 1 cup of cheese to the sauce;
stir gently to mix. Transfer to a lightly oiled very large baking dish.
Sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake until top is lightly browned and casserole is bubbling; about 30
minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
NOTE: If you like black olives, you can add 1 small can of sliced olives in
step 4 to the sauce.
Source: Linda Fields' homemade goodies Typed for you by: Linda Fields,
Cyberealm BBS Watertown, NY 1993 315-786-1120
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: