APPLE PEAR CAKE
Category: Desserts, Low-cal
1/4 c Margarine 1/2 ts Salt
3/4 c Packed light brown sugar 2 ts Ground cinnamon
1 Egg 1 ts Ground nutmeg
1 1/2 ts Vanilla 2 sm Apples, chopped
2 1/4 c Flour 3/4 oz Dried pears
1 1/2 ts Baking powder 3/4 c Lowfat buttermilk *
1/2 ts Baking soda 1 tb Confectioners sugar
* Or you can use 3/4 cup regular milk and 1 T vinegar to make sour milk.
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray a 9 1/2 inch tube pan with nonstick
2. In a large bowl, cream the margarine with the brown sugar. Beat in the
egg and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and
salt. Stir to blend. Stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Finely chop the apples, and mince the dried pears.
5. Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter-sugar
mixture in three additions, beating just until the flour is no longer
visible. Stir in the apples and pears.
6. Scrape the batter into the tube pan and bake for 40 min., or until
golden brown and tests clean.
7. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then unmold the cake and cool
completely. Dust cake with confectioners sugar just before serving.
Serving size: one 2 1/4 inch wedge.
Per serving: each provides 1 fat, 1 bread, 1/4 fruit, 60 optional cals.
Calories per serving: 207
Note: If you don't have any dried pears, you can substitute raisins are
just as good!
Source: Weight Watchers Smart Choice Recipe Collection 1993 Typed for you
by: Linda Fields Cyberealm BBS Watertown, NY 1993 315-786-1120
Source: Weight Watchers
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: