STIR-FRY CHICKEN WITH WALNUTS
Category: Chicken, Pork
Yield: 6 servings
1 Chicken breast Oil for deep frying
2 sl Fresh ginger 1 tb Sherry
2 ts Cornstarch 2 tb Oil
1 c Walnuts 1/2 c Bamboo shoots
1/2 ts Salt 1/4 c Chicken stock
1. Skin and bone chicken; dice in 3/4 to 1-inch cubes. Combine cornstarch,
salt and sherry. Add to chicken and toss gently to coat. Let stand 15
minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Dice bamboo shoots. Mince ginger.
3. Blance walnuts. Heat oil and deep-fry walnuts until golden. Drain on
4. Heat remaining oil. Add ginger and stir-fry a few times. Add chicken and
stir-fry a couple of minutes until it looses its pinkness.
5. Add bamboo shoots; stir-fry 1 minute more.
6. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cooked covered, 2 to 3 minutes over
7. Stir in walnuts only to heat through. Serve at once.
* Variations: 1. Substitute cashews for walnuts.
2. Substitute any of the following for bamboo shoots: diced; 1/2 cup
mushrooms, 1/2 cup celery, 6 water chestnuts or 1 medium onion.
3. In step 1, toss the chicken in a mixture of 1 Tab soy sauce, 3 Tab
sherry, 1/2 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. Let stand 30 minutes, turning
occasionally. Then drain, reserving marinade. Before stir-frying dredge
chicken in cornstarch; then dip in beaten egg. Add remaining marinade in
4 to 6 servings
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: