ORIENTAL GINGER CHICKEN
Yield: 4 servings
4 Chicken breast halves, 2 ts Ginger
-skinned and boned 2 tb Vegetable oil
1/4 c Soy sauce 1 cn VEG-ALL Mixed Vegetables,
1/4 c Dry sherry -with liquid (16 oz)
1 Garlic clove, minced 1 cn Water chestnuts (8 oz)
2 tb Chopped green onion 1 c Quick cooking rice
1 tb Brown sugar
1. Cut chicken into 2"-long strips.
2. Combine soy sauce, sherry, garlic, onion, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of
the ginger in 1-quart bowl.
3. Add chicken and stir until well coated.
4. Heat oil in large skillet; stir-fry chicken until cooked.
5. Meanwhile, place VEG-ALL, water chestnuts (liquid included) in 2-quart
sauce pan with remaining teaspoon of ginger; bring to boil.
6. Stir in rice, remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
7. Serve chicken over rice and vegetables.
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: