CREAMED CHICKEN AND FETTUCCINE
Yield: 4 servings
1 pk Fettuccine noodles(6oz) Butter or margarine
2 Large chicken breasts 1/4 lb Mushrooms,sliced
1 Egg 1 1/2 c Milk
Flour,all-purpose 2 tb Sherry,dry
Salt 1/4 c Parmesan cheese,grated
Pepper 1 tb Parsley,chopped,for garnish
1. In saucepot, prepare fettuccine as label directs; drain. Return
fettuccine to saucepan; keep warm..
2. Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast in half. In small bowl, beat egg
slightly. On waxed paper, mix 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8
teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken pieces into egg, then into flour mixture to
3. In 10" skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 tablespoons hot butter or
margarine (1/4 stick), cook chicken until tender and browned, 10 minutes.
Remove to platter; keep warm..
4. Prepare sauce; In drippings in skillet, over medium heat, heat 2 more
tablespoons butter or margarine; add mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir
in 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook 1
minute. Stir in milk and sherry; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture
thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove 1 cup sauce..
5. Toss fettuccine with sauce in skillet. Arrange on platter with chicken.
Pour reserved sauce over chicken. Sprinkle fettuccine with parsley.
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: