Yield: 10 servings
2 Broiler fryers(3#) 1 pk Spaghetti(16oz)
4 c Water 1/2 c Flour,all-purpose
1/4 ts Pepper 1/4 ts Nutmeg,ground
2 Onion,small Paprika
Salt 1/2 c Sherry,dry
1/2 c Butter or margarine 1 c Half-and-half
1/2 lb Mushrooms,medium,sliced 1 c Parmesan cheese,grated
1 tb Lemon juice
1. Rinse chickens and their giblets and necks with running cold water.
Place chickens, breast side down, in 8-quart Dutch oven or saucepot; add
giblets, necks, wtaer, pepper, 1 onion and 2 teaspoons salt; over high
heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 35 minutes or
until chickens are fork-tender..
2. Remove chickens, giblets, and necks to large bowl; refrigerate 30
minutes or until easy to handle. Strain chicken broth, reserving 3 1/2
cups. (Cover and refrigerate any remaining broth for use in soup another
day.) When chickens are cool, discard bones and skin; cut meat and giblets
into bite-sized pieces; set chicken aside..
3. Mince remaining onion. In 10" skillet over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons
hot butter or margarine (1/2 stick), cook minced onion, sliced mushrooms,
and lemon juice until onion is tender. Spoon mixture into 13x9" baking
4. Prepare spaghetti a label directs; drain. Add spaghetti to mushroom
mixture in baking dish; toss..
5. Preheat oven to 350'F. In same skillet, melt remaining butter or
margarine; stir in flour, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon paprika
until smooth. Gradually stir in sherry and reserved chicken broth, and
cook, stirring, until mixture thickens. Stir in half-and-half and chicken..
6. Toss chicken mixture with spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and
some paprika. Bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: