Yield: 8 servings
4 Chicken breasts 1/4 ts Chervil
1 Egg 2 tb Butter
1/4 c Milk 2 tb Oil
1 c Bread crumbs,dry,fine 2 oz Brandy
1 ts Salt 4 tb Red wine,dry
1/4 ts Black pepper 1 c Chicken stock
1/4 ts Cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 350'F..
2. Have your butcher skin and bone the chicken breasts. Cut each in half
and flatten slightly by pounding each piece between pieces of waxed paper..
3. Combine egg and milk in a large shallow pan; beat until blended. Combine
bread crumbs, salt and pepper, and herbs on waxed paper. Dip chicken
pieces, one at a time, in egg and milk, then roll in bread crumbs mixture..
4. Melt butter with oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Quickly brown
each prepared half chicken breast, then place in a long, shallow baking
dish. Pour remaining ingredients over chicken. Cover and bake for 20-30
minutes, or until chicken is very tender..
5. Place chicken breasts on a bed of just-cooked fluffy white rice..
6. Strain cooking sauce and pour a little over surface of chicken. Serve
remaining sauce separately.
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: