CHICKEN BREAST PICCATA
Yield: 6 servings
4 Boneless chicken breast 1/4 c Chicken broth
-halves 1 tb Lemon juice
1/4 c Flour 4 oz To 8 oz thinly sliced
1/4 ts Light salt -mushrooms
1/8 ts Black pepper 2 tb Drained capers
3 tb Butter 4 Thin lemon slices
1 tb Olive oil 1/4 c Chopped fresh parsley
1/4 c Sauterne or dry white wine
1. Rinse breasts and pat dry. Pound out to 1/4 inch thick.
2. In bowl, blend flour, salt, pepper. Coat both sides of breasts.
3. In heavy skillet over medium heat, heat oil and butter till "foamy". Add
chicken - 2 minutes per side just enough to cook meat. Transfer to plate
and set aside.
4. Pour off all but light film of fat and drippings. Increase to medium
high heat. Add wine, broth, lemon juice, and mushrooms. Reduce by half.
5. Pour sauce evenly over chicken. Garnish with capers, lemon, lime,
parsley. Serve immediately.
Suggestion: server chicken and sauce over linguine or rice!
Notes: I'm used to seeing this recipe with heavy cream used as the base,
but it still looks good!
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: