BRAISED CHICKEN WITH APPLES
Yield: 6 servings
3 1/2 lb Cut up chicken 1/4 ts Salt
1/4 c Flour 1/2 c Chicken broth
2 tb Vegetable oil 1/2 c Dry white wine
1 tb Butter 1/3 c Whipping cream
5 md Shallots, peeled and thinly 3 Granny Smith apples *
-sliced 1 ts Grainy mustard
1/2 ts Dried thyme, crumbled Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c Brandy 2 ts Finely chopped parsley
* cored and each cut into 12 sections 1. Dredge chicken in flour. Heat oil
in a heavy 10-inch frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken in several
batches, browning well on all sides. Remove chicken.
2. Add butter, shallots and thyme. Cook until shallots begin to soften,
about 3 to 4 minutes. Add brandy and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken and
sprinkle with salt. Pour broth and wine over chicken. Cover and simmer 30
3. Remove breast pieces from pan to a serving platter. Hold in a warn
oven covered with foil. Cover pan and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add
remaining chicken to platter.
4. Add cream and apples to pan, cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring
occasionally. Apples should be tender but not mushy.
5. Place apples around chicken. Bring pan juices to a boil for 2 to 3
minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in mustard.
6. Pour sauce over chicken and apples. Garnish with pepper and parsley.
Send to a FriendPrint
And enter a keyword or phrase to search over 50,000 recipes: